At its October 22 meeting the Board of Education made the final approval for the 2012-2013 budget and local tax levy. Three pieces of information were needed before the final budget and tax levy could be adopted: enrollment, state aid, and property values.
Enrollment increased slightly over the annual meeting estimate. State aid increased slightly, an increase from the prior year of approximately $1.6M. Property values declined for the third straight year.
The Board of Education adopted the recommended tax levy of $20,258,309 in support of the students and educators of DASD.
The current year budget approval reflects the following:
- A $50 increase in revenue allocation per student from the State of Wisconsin.
- A $1.6 million increase in state aid from last year.
- A one-time $50 adjustment aid revenue allocation per student from the State of Wisconsin.
- A reduction in the DASD total equalized property value of -3.18%, or -$59,543,722 from the prior year.
- A final state established revenue limit of $33,126,857.
- A final local tax levy of $20,258,309 (.07% adjusted from annual meeting estimate).
- No change in budget center allocations established at the annual meeting.
- A balanced budget.
The tax levy results in a mil rate change dependent upon the overall equalized value of each municipality and the individual property owners assessed property value.