Deadline is April 15, 2016
The DeForest Area School District is soliciting nominations of distinguished graduates for consideration to the DeForest Area School District’s 2016 Alumni Hall of Fame. In its second year, this program recognizes and honors former DeForest Area School District graduates for achieving a significant degree of success in their pursuits of higher education and/or in their professional careers. According to Debbie Brewster, School/Community Relations Coordinator, “The program started last year with two graduates deserving of the honor – Laura Green and Chris Dorsey. The Alumni Hall of Fame recognition provides outstanding role models for current students, and it celebrates the outstanding achievements of our graduates.”
To be considered for this honor, each individual must have a completed Application of Nomination containing the following criteria:
- Graduate of DeForest Area High School.
- Attended the DeForest Area Schools for more than two years.
- Graduated from high school a minimum of 10 years before being nominated.
- Up to three recommendation letters supporting the individual’s nomination.
- Application signed by the person making the nomination.
- Documentation (i.e., resume) demonstrating the work history and professional/academic successes of the nominee.
Each year the Hall of Fame committee will induct up to five members to the Hall. Applications for this honor can be made by self-nomination.