Yesterday was also Take Your Tractor to School Day!
Students at DeForest Area High School are celebrating National FFA Week, February 20-23. According to their mission statement, “FFA makes a positive difference in the lives of students by developing their potential for premier leadership, personal growth, and career success through agriculture education.”
FFA advisors Gwen Boettcher and Dan Kvalheim announced the schedule for students and staff – watch for photos to be added each day!
Monday— Petting zoo during lunches with Easter Seal donation (any clothing item, shoes, jewelry, etc.)
- Monday Night— FFA Meeting 6:30 PM— ICE CREAM SUNDAE BAR!! Yum! Come ready for dessert!
- Tuesday— Wear your FFA t-shirt and get a treat during advisory! There will also be ice cream for $1 during lunches in the STEAM hallway!
- Wednesday— Ag Olympics during lunch hours– come compete for prizes!! Wear Tye-dye for a treat!
- Thursday— Breakfast on the Farm– Volunteers will deliver donuts to area businesses!
- All Week-– Easter Seals Clothing drive, and Find the most emblems to win a prize!
On Saturday, March 4th, FFA will host their annual Family Fun Night for everyone in the community! To attend you do NOT have to be an FFA member! There is a home-cooked meal of shredded pork, scallop potatoes, cheesy potatoes, cheese, milk, and dessert! All of the food is made by the FFA Alumni and members. Read more here.