On Friday, Sept. 21, Roland “Rollie” Manthe was inducted into the 2018 Alumni Hall of Fame at DeForest Area High School. Nearly 70 guests were in attendance at the high school for a reception and induction ceremony in honor of Manthe.
School board president Jan Berg and high school principal Machell Schwarz welcomed guests. DAHS senior Emily Cone gave opening remarks and welcomed long-time friend of Manthe’s, Glenn Hauge to introduce the 2018 honoree.
During the day, Manthe spoke to students in classes. His key messages to students were about the importance of continuing their education, whether at a technical college or university, and the importance of service to their community. Manthe was introduced during the all-school pep rally, with standing ovations by the student body. The celebration ended with Manthe being introduced on Stalder Field before the varsity football game.
Scenes from the day-long celebration . . .
The Alumni Hall of Fame program recognizes and honors former DeForest Area School District graduates for achieving a significant degree of success in their pursuits of higher education and/or in their professional careers. The Alumni Hall of Fame recognition provides outstanding role models for current students, and it celebrates the outstanding achievements of our graduates.
The Alumni Hall of Fame Honor Roll includes:
- Laura Green, Class of 1998
- Chris Dorsey, Class of 1983
- Andrea Anders, Class of 1993
- Sean Anders, Class of 1987
- Patrick Rothfuss, Class of 1991
- Dr. Dennis Ness, Class of 1966
- Dr. Michael Harke, Class of 1991
- Melissa Harrison, Class of 1998
- Roland Manthe, Class of 1953
To be considered for this honor, each individual must have a completed Application of Nomination submitted containing the following criteria:
- Graduate of DeForest Area High School.
- Attended the DeForest Area Schools for more than two years.
- Graduated from high school a minimum of 10 years before being nominated.
- Up to three recommendation letters supporting the individual’s nomination.
- Application signed by the person making the nomination.
- Documentation (i.e., resume) demonstrating the work history and professional/academic successes of the nominee.
Each year the Hall of Fame committee will induct up to five members to the Hall. Applications for this honor can be made by self-nomination.