Successfully Moving Forward
Transition has many pieces! Transition Talks Tuesdays will cover what you need to know about transitioning out of high school and into adulthood. Learn about what those pieces are and how you can stay a step ahead so your student can be successful. All Transition Talks will take place virtually via Zoom, and a dial-in option will be available. Please attend one talk, two talks or as many talks as you would like.
Families of students receiving special education or 504 supports in grades 7-12, educators, therapists and community support providers are invited! The series will start January 26 and continue on select Tuesdays until June.
Register at https://go.wisc.edu/transitiontuesdays
- January 26, 6:30 pm-7:30 pm Transition: Planning for Your Future
- Transition Talks Tuesdays introduction and digging into the Post-Secondary Transition Plan (PTP) and how schools are key to a successful transition.
- February 9, 6:30-7:30 pm Getting Help as an Adult: Aging & Disability Resource Center (ADRC)
- Learn what services the Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC) provides. The ADRC has been called the “gatekeeper” to adult programs. Find out when, why and how you will need to connect with them.
Future proposed topics:
- March 2 Ready to Work: Department of Vocational Rehabilitation
- March 23 Health Care Changes Too! Youth Health Transition Initiative
Brought to you by: